On Jan. 7, the Division launched Phase I of our Web site User Enhancements project designed to provide database users with a better online experience. As some of you are aware, we have experienced some minor challenges with the Buckeye Database during this initial launch, and we thank you for your patience while we iron out any remaining issues. The following improvements will make it easier for Industry members to manage your listings.
After listening to user feedback on the Buckeye Database, we made several enhancements to this section of the Industry site to provide you with a streamlined process for entering and editing events and attraction information. These changes include:
• Manage Groups: Many of our partners have several staff members assigned to handle their listings. Our improved Manage Groups feature allows the person who creates and updates their entity’s listing to generate sub-accounts for others in their organization to also manage that information.
• Import/Export: Some Industry members enter information on numerous listings that can be used in places other than the DiscoverOhio.com/Buckeye Database. With the new Import/Export feature, users can export their listings, edit them outside the DiscoverOhio.com/Buckeye database and upload the information in a batch process.
• Auto Search Feature: This new feature alerts you if another attraction or event with the same name is already listed in the system, and will help reduce the number of duplicate listings on DiscoverOhio.com.
We also consolidated the majority of the required listing information into one tab on the submission form with expandable/collapsible boxes. These additional changes include:
• Streamlined hours of operation entry
• GPS location
• Improved text editor for descriptions
• Improved submission process
• Implementation of a terms of service agreement
We invite you to check out a video review of the enhanced submission form that includes tips on how to use the new tools. The video is available at http://Industry.discoverohio.com/media/5/335.swf.
The Division is excited to continue to roll out the new enhancements to both the consumer and Industry Web sites. We strive to offer you the best possible experience in managing your listings, while providing consumers with a visually attractive experience as they search for their next great Ohio getaway. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your experience with the enhanced Web site, please contact Eric Herzog at email@example.com or Roger Barker at firstname.lastname@example.org.